NYU Winthrop is a 591-bed university-affiliated medical center, which offers sophisticated diagnostic and therapeutic care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty of medicine and surgery. We are a major regional healthcare resource with a deep commitment to medical education and research, offering a full complement of inpatient and outpatient services.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Nurse Educator.
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for using expertise in nursing to influence professional role competence and professional growth of registered nurses and assistive personnel in a variety of settings. Supports the development of the nurse, and fosters empowerment through knowledge acquisition to achieve excellence in the delivery of evidence based nursing practice. Promotes an appropriate learning environment and facilitates the adult learning process through a number of developmental and educational processes that reflect the Professional Nursing Practice Model. These include orientation and training, ongoing competency assessment, in-service education, assistance in role transition, research, scholarship, and academic partnerships. Uses knowledge, skill and experience to design, implement, and evaluate, formatively and summatively, educational initiatives in order to enhance the delivery of excellent patient care to achieve positive patient outcomes.
- Collects data and information related to educational needs of individuals, units, divisions or the organization from a variety of sources including but not limited to, the nurse and the interdisciplinary health care team, professional organizations, healthcare experts, and evidence based literature. Assesses available data, information and knowledge to identify patterns and trends.
- Analyzes issues and trends and supporting data to determine the needs of individuals, units and the organization. Derives Registered Nurse, nursing assistive personnel, area and organizational needs from the assessment data and validates the identified needs with Nurse, clinical team, other educators and other disciplines.
- Identifies desired outcomes and involves learners and key stakeholders in formulating desired outcomes. Develops outcomes that reflect professional role competence, learning and change. Develops context-specific outcomes, reflecting organizational needs, evidence, regulatory and identified standards of care.
- Develops content in collaboration with Nurses, Nurse Educators, Nursing Management and other disciplines based on the target audience. Considers adult learning concepts and instructional design principles when planning an educational activity and uses evidence-based knowledge specific to the issue or trend to achieve the defined outcomes. Implements plan using principles of quality, safety and project management.
- Evaluates hisher own practice in relation to professional practice standards, guidelines, and regulations identifying areas of strength, as well as opportunities for professional development. Maintains current knowledge and competency in nursing and nursing educationprofessional development practice. Participates in peer review.
- Shares knowledge and skills through activities such as presentations, professional conferences, and participation in professional organizations. Collaborates with interprofessional teams, leaders, stakeholders, and others to facilitate nursing practice and positive outcomes for patients. Provides peers with feedback regarding practice and role performance. Participates in resolution of interpersonalclinical conflicts which impact patient care and outcomes. Assists with analysis of incidents related to deviations in established standards of care and other variances. Incorporates Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements; Nursing Professional Development: Scope and Standards of Practice, and other relevant standards, guidelines, and benchmarks to guide practice.
- Performs other duties as assigned
To qualify you must have a Bachelor’s Degree Nursing. Current and valid NYS Registered Nurse License. Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS). 3-5 years Registered Nurse Practice, with requirement of experience in Periop setting. Excellent communication (both oral and written), interpersonal, problem solving skills. Solid critical thinking and clinical judgement skills. Strong computer skills especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Master s Degree Nursing/Nursing Education. Nursing Professional Development. Periop Nursing Experience. National Nursing Specialty Certification.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Winthrop provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Winthrop is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Winthrop’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.