NYU Winthrop is a 591-bed university-affiliated medical center, which offers sophisticated diagnostic and therapeutic care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty of medicine and surgery. We are a major regional healthcare resource with a deep commitment to medical education and research, offering a full complement of inpatient and outpatient services.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Lead Ultrasound Technologist-Perinatal.
In this role, the successful candidate under direction, operates ultrasound scanner and performs diagnostic procedures according to established standards and practices. Responsible for orienting and training new Ultrasound Technologist, medical students, fellows, residents and nurse practicioners. Coordinates the flow and volume of the main Maternal Fetal Medicine site as well as off sites, this includes triaging ultrasound patients.
- Operates ultrasound equipment. Performs various ultrasound exams as indicated on requisition form according to American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM).guidelines and according to department protocols.
- Prepares and maintains exam rooms and ultrasound equipment for medical encounters.
- Performs Ultrasound Guidance for Multi-fetal Reductions, Selective Reductions, OBGYN cases in Triage, Labor and Delivery and in Ambulatory Surgery Department.
- Reviews, enters and maintains data in Ultrasound reporting system.
- Coordinates student ultrasound tech assignments, training and orientation. Assists in completing the renewal application for departmental accreditation with the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM).
- Schedules Sonographers for main site and off site locations.
- Performs other duties as assigned
To qualify you must have the following:
Technical Diploma and Graduate from a Ultrasound program, required.
Current Registration by Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS), required.
Current certification by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) in Fetal Echocardiography(FE), required.
Nuchal Translucency Quality Review – current Nuchal Translucency certification & current Nasal Bone certification, required.
3 – 5 years Perinatal Ultrasound experience, required.
Strong communication (both written and oral), required.
Strong analytical, problem solving and customer service skills, required.
Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office, and vision Chips and thorough knowledge of ultrasound scanners, required.
Bachelor s Degree In a related field, preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Winthrop provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Winthrop is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Winthrop’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.