NYU Winthrop is a 591-bed university-affiliated medical center, which offers sophisticated diagnostic and therapeutic care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty of medicine and surgery. We are a major regional healthcare resource with a deep commitment to medical education and research, offering a full complement of inpatient and outpatient services.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Mgr, Finance Help Desk.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for providing leadership to the team through training, motivating, coaching and developing each member as it pertains to the expeditious resolution of finance customer service issues. This role is required to conduct side-by-side service sessions, monitor calls and conduct regular one-one meetings to discuss performance, as well as facilitate team meetings for training and communication purposes. This position is also expected to take escalated calls and answer questions from Finance Help Desk Liaisons. Requires staying current on all initiatives, department procedures, system enhancements and changes to the business, and will be required to periodically take front-line customer service calls. The Manager will be held to challenging production goals regarding Call Quality, Average Handle Time, Availability, Short Calls and first contact resolution. Will also be expected to manage the service levels and manage attrition. Manage team attendance, as well as his/her own, appropriately participate in team meetings, interact with all levels of management, identify areas of opportunity within the business and offer recommendations on process or procedural improvements. The Manager will also have overall responsibility for Help Desk related communications and be required to coordinate and manage distributions (email, etc.).
- Recruits, trains and manages a team of professional customer service agents and the associated activities that influence their performance.
- Creates call center performance goals and ensures the departments attainment of these goals. Ensures that Call Center staff performs their duties in a professional and responsive manner.
- Manages resources effectively to ensure coverage of responsibilities and identify gaps. Determines work procedures, prepare schedules, and expedite work flow.
- Trains staff on call center best practices, new processes, system-related procedures and new or revised departmental procedures. Manages staffs attendance and performance, and escalate any related issues. Completes staff performance appraisals thoroughly and on a timely basis.
- Processes, documents, responds, and resolves client inquiries within specified time frames. Manages customer response times and adheres to specified time frames for resolution.
- Assists with responding to employee inquiries and complaints. Takes front-line calls when necessary.
- Develops, implements and maintains telephone and email strategies and procedures. Identifies areas for improvement and enhancements, and takes action on implementing them.
- Works with cross-functional teams internally and externally to evaluate customer care systems and procedures to maximize operational efficiency. Communicates regularly with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for improvement or enhancement and implement them. Identifies ways to maximize efficiency and streamline processes between cross-functional teams.
- Collaborates with customers to understand business needs in order to implement appropriate new strategies and procedures. Communicates department updates and announcements, both verbally and in written communications.
- Keeps abreast of customer concerns, looks for patterns and make recommendations to address them.
- Compiles statistics and prepares various reports in accordance with company policy and procedures for managements review.
- Manages data collection and produces reports for management review. Identifies data trends and makes recommendations to address issues.
- Develops effective Quality Assurance processes within the department. Regularly tests processes to ensure they meet quality standards. Produces quality assurance reports to management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of five years progressive management experience in Finance, Accounting, Accounts Payable, Supply Chain or a related field. Ability to supervise, lead, and coach staff. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to understand and explain technical concepts. Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment. Organizational and time- management skills. Ability to multi-task, prioritize in order to complete work tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Working knowledge of customer service technologies, preferably Salesforce. Knowledge of payroll systems and reporting, PeopleSoft, Kronos, Oracle or other payroll system and reporting. Hospital and/or University experience. Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation or Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Winthrop provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Winthrop is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Winthrop’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.