NYU Winthrop is a 591-bed university-affiliated medical center, which offers sophisticated diagnostic and therapeutic care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty of medicine and surgery. We are a major regional healthcare resource with a deep commitment to medical education and research, offering a full complement of inpatient and outpatient services.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Registered Nurse, CNS in Diabetes.
In this role, the successful candidate The Nurse, CNS Diabetes possesses advanced knowledge of nursing with a specialty focus on diabetes. The Clinical Nurse Specialist works with other nurses to advance nursing practice and improve outcomes, provides clinical expertise to effect system-wide changes and provides diabetes patient education with a focus on patient empowerment.
- Perform rounds on select complex population of patients. Provides regular or episodic care and education to patients. Collaborates with other members of the health care team to develop and implement standards of care, critical pathways, clinical procedures, or quality or performance improvement plans.
- Primary coordinator to champion Disease-Specific Certification of Inpatient Diabetes Care and best practice guidelines. Collects and interprets glucometrics that direct changes in care processes. Facilitates referrals to services for ongoing care.
- Plans and implements effective inpatient diabetes self-management education for patients with a focus on patient empowerment. Designs and coordinates a hospital-wide diabetes patient education program.
- Serve as a liaison to staff, administration, physicians, and other health care professionals. Contribute to financial integrity and planning of cost effective measures to address care processes, products, and practices. Participates in clinical nursing research.
- Performs other duties as assigned
To qualify you must have a Bachelor’s Degree Nursing. Current and valid NYS Registered Nurse License. Certified Diabetes Educator. 3 – 5 years Working in areas specific to diabetes. Communication, computer, writing, theory, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
Master’s Degree Nursing.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Winthrop provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Winthrop is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Winthrop’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.